• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rigby 1945 Marston Green Nurse

Pat56

master brummie
Trying to find anyone who is connected to a Sister Rigby; a nurse at Marston Green during the 1940's. I don't have a Christian name to go with Rigby.
Sister Rigby was a colleague of Mary Ellen Cremin (my mother) I think Sister Rigby lived somewhere in Acocks Green - not far from the station - I think I visited as a child.

Any information appreciated.

To those who are experienced in genealogy related searching - How do I go about tracking down where someone may have lived?

hi pat..it depends what years you are looking for...ancestry have the electoral rolls online up to 1955 there is another site where their e rolls go up to 1965 but as we ancestry you have to pay to join up..

lyn

Thanks Lyn.

Yes, have come across the "pay to join" sites .............. trying to decide which one to go with.

Ancestry has Birmingham e rolls as Lyn says but I think Marston Green was Warwickshire - in which case the records are not online.

Anyone able to identify the Acocks Green road name in this address for Rigby?

Attachments

• RIGBY-ADDRESS-web.gif
    RIGBY-ADDRESS-web.gif
    830.8 KB · Views: 13
Thanks mikejee.
Even though it doesn't immediately stand out as Malvern (or did it to you?), Malvern Road is what we think it could be. Searched the Acocks Green area in an oldish Birmingham A to Z, but couldn't find another road name that fits. Thought someone familiar with the area might come up with something.

Back