• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ricketts Family Billsley area

cearnegiant

master brummie
Checking Electoral rolls from 1922 1955.Noticed my Gt Grandmothers surname changed from Wicketts to Ricketts. The Ricketts family lived Billesley area. I know they lived Oakcroft Road 1940s.I also know some of family used Billesley Arms in early 50s. Anyone researching Ricketts family from 1940s-50s. please contact me

Cearnegiant, fyi there was a Ricketts family in Ford Street Hockley if you need any more info let me know. Carol

Morning, Dorothy M and William H Ricketts lived at No 1 Ford Street in 1945. Living there also was a daughter called Gladys who in turn had a son called Victor, there was never a father mentioned for Victor, who I think had a son called Howard in the early 60s. There was also another daugher to Dorothy and William, but I cant remember her name, but I recall she was a singer and gave me one of her cabaret dresses which I loved to dress up in. She didnt live at Ford Street though at the time 50s - 60s. Regards Carol

Back