• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

REMEMBRANCE DAY 2021/2022

hi folks if you read from post 21 it tells of my story to find out where my dads little brother is buried..as you will read last nov we found his burial spot in wales....we have had this lovely treated oak grave marker made for harry and will be taking it to wales on sunday which is the 81st anniversary of his death its 10x6 inches but looks even larger with the stake attached and quite heavy....if our dad was still here i know he would be so pleased that harry is no longer forgotten

lynharrys marker.jpg

So pleased Lyn that you have managed to track down his final resting place and have been able to visit. A fitting meorial to one who, though so young, died away from home.

hi folks if you read from post 21 it tells of my story to find out where my dads little brother is buried..as you will read last nov we found his burial spot in wales....we have had this lovely treated oak grave marker made for harry and will be taking it to wales on sunday which is the 81st anniversary of his death its 10x6 inches but looks even larger with the stake attached and quite heavy....if our dad was still here i know he would be so pleased that harry is no longer forgotten

lynView attachment 167837
How lovely. I’m so glad you have been able to do this for him. Rest in Peace Harry, you are remembered and loved.

The website for Ancestry is offering free access for a short period to allow access to military records , see link below I do not know what the T’s and C’s are for access.

Usually that you need to register. Looks as if this year they will send you a user name and password which will, I assume, expire after 8th.
Strange as the offer usually extends over Remembrance Day itself.

i will also be remembering these members of my family that gave their lives in WW1 and WW2...although not due to actual conflict i will also remember my dads little brother HARRY HARRINGTON who was evacuated to wales and died in 1941 aged 6 after complications set in during an operation he is buried in wales..my mission to find his grave can be read from post 1

GOD BLESS THEM ALL

HARRY FROGGET KIA IN FRANCE 6th of dec 1916 aged 21..harry had been married a few short months.

GEORGE THOMAS WOOD DIED OF WOUNDS 21.2.1916 buried at lijssenthoek war cemetary belgium

EDITH ELLEN HARRINGTON aged 59
HERBERT WALTER HARRINGTON aged 60 both died as a result of enemy action when their house took a direct hit in 1942

god bless them all....

Last edited:
Back