• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Reference number for death certificate - lookup please

annaj

proper brummie kid
Hi - I need to order a death certificate for my grandfather. I know he was in volume 6d but not sure of page number. Can anyone look this up please?
His name was Frank William Houghton, born in Birmingham in 1915 and died in 1968.
Many thanks
:)

Thanks. I think I will order it online as I was at Birmingham Register Office for one hour waiting last time :)

If you post your application to the Register Office, you will get your certificate far quicker than ordering from GRO - plus you don't need the reference. The attached (hopefully) is the form that can be found on the Register Office website.

For future reference, you don't have to wait - you can drop off the application and they will normally post out the certifiacte the same day.

If I haven't managed to attach the pdf, scroll to the bottom of the page that is reached by the following link is:
https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/cs/Sa...092615039&pagename=BCC/Common/Wrapper/Wrapper

Fantastic, thanks. I didn't know any of that and we did have to wait a while for a certificate from the GRO last time :)

I usually just write out my request for a certificate on plain writing paper..it means I can add any info that I think applies to the person named on the cert. I have never had a problem. I would add that if applying by post you will need to send a SAE.

Margaret.

Back