• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

re- Army number

smithy

master brummie
Hya all
Any help appreciated.:rolleyes:
I have a William Ingram , his number appears to be 42250, but it has the letters K.L.S.I.
Havnt got a clue what these mean, can anyone shed a light on this. He is living at 1ct Barrack street 1.
Thanks

Smithy just read this thread interesting as Barrack st is off the Vauxhall Rd it was Army Barracks till i believe the 1920-30s. St James church was on the corner of Gr Brook St and Barrack St. Dek

Could KLSI be the abbreviation for Kings Light Shropshire Infantry?

Williamjukes.
Hi there, its the wrong way round, it was the infantry that was light not the County, would have been KOSLI, my brother in law did his national
service with them, I still have his cap badge, Bernard

Last edited:
Back