• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

quinn Elizabeth & william aspinall of birmingham

Brock

master brummie
Elizabeth Quinn, born Birmingham 1889 married to William Frederick Aspinall in 1907. They remained living in Birmingham where they had children named William, Elizabeth, Leonard, Sidney & Donald.

Should this family appear on your family tree I would be very grateful if you would contact me please ~ Elizabeth was the sister of my grandmother Harriet Quinn.

Thank you.

Re: Elizabeth quinn & william aspinall of birmingham

1920,1922,1925 at 1 back of 15 Peel Street
William and Elizabeth Aspinall
William Aspinall 24881, Pte., 9/R. Warwicks Reg. 1 back of 17 Peel Street
Lizzie ASPINALL, Head Married aged 23 born 1888 Barn Street Birm,Electro Plate Fincher
Freddie ASPINALL, Son Single aged 3 born 1908 Little Ann St Birm
Voilet ASPINALL, Daughter Single aged 18 months born 1910 Bordesley St Birm
Address: 1 Bk 15 Peel Street Birmingham Married 3.5 years
Husband William is a patient in the Birmingham Sanitorium (Yardley Road).
He was born in Warrington,Lincolnshire and his occupation was
an electroplate polisher.

Re: Elizabeth quinn & william aspinall of birmingham

Ladylinda you are a marvel! Thank you.
I know that the Birmingham Central Library has books of the old electoral registers but as the entries have to be looked up by road name I was unable to find this type of information as I have no idea where my ancestors lived.

Once again, many thanks,
Brock.

hi - i know this an old post but Frederick William Aspinall was my Grandad.

Sarah, thank you for your post. I am the originator of this post which I placed when trying to look into my Quinn family line....
Elizabeth Quinn who married to William Frederick Aspinall was the sister of Harriet Quinn who was my grandmother. Sadly, I never knew any of my grandparents as they all passed away too early therefore I was never able to chat & ask about the old family tales.
The father of our grandmothers, Elizabeth & Harriet Quinn, was a man named Oliver Quinn, our great grandfather ~ he was born on 9th May 1858 in Leeds & passed away in Birmingham on 3rd May 1926.
The parents of Oliver Quinn were James Quinn & Mary Waters who were our great, great grandparents.
Have you ever delved into looking into our Quinn family line yourself at all? This line of research proved to be very interesting indeed with several odd events coming to light concerning the lives of James Quinn & Mary Waters with it being Mary who seemed to live a very interesting life leaving us with some mysterious unanswered questions.
I have copies of many old documents & records from which I have been able to build up my knowledge which I will happily share with you should you be interested.
I also have some old family photo's which I could share with you too including some in which your own grandparents feature but sadly don't have one of Oliver Quinn that I can identify. Amongst them is a wedding group photo taken at the marriage of Violet Quinn to William Pitt on their marriage in 1924 (2 years before Oliver died). It's a smashing large family group and I can identify several of the folk but there are several unknowns still needing to be identified for sure. Perhaps you might be able to put a few names to some of the faces?

Thanks again for your post.

Sarah, thank you for your post. I am the originator of this post which I placed when trying to look into my Quinn family line....
Elizabeth Quinn who married to William Frederick Aspinall was the sister of Harriet Quinn who was my grandmother. Sadly, I never knew any of my grandparents as they all passed away too early therefore I was never able to chat & ask about the old family tales.
The father of our grandmothers, Elizabeth & Harriet Quinn, was a man named Oliver Quinn, our great grandfather ~ he was born on 9th May 1858 in Leeds & passed away in Birmingham on 3rd May 1926.
The parents of Oliver Quinn were James Quinn & Mary Waters who were our great, great grandparents.
Have you ever delved into looking into our Quinn family line yourself at all? This line of research proved to be very interesting indeed with several odd events coming to light concerning the lives of James Quinn & Mary Waters with it being Mary who seemed to live a very interesting life leaving us with some mysterious unanswered questions.
I have copies of many old documents & records from which I have been able to build up my knowledge which I will happily share with you should you be interested.
I also have some old family photo's which I could share with you too including some in which your own grandparents feature but sadly don't have one of Oliver Quinn that I can identify. Amongst them is a wedding group photo taken at the marriage of Violet Quinn to William Pitt on their marriage in 1924 (2 years before Oliver died). It's a smashing large family group and I can identify several of the folk but there are several unknowns still needing to be identified for sure. Perhaps you might be able to put a few names to some of the faces?

Thanks again for your post.
Hi

im sorry i dont know much further back than my grandad, my aunt highlighted this post to me but she didnt manage to register. These are the details i know

My grandad was born in 1907 (frederick william) I will call him fred from now on. He married Gwen Harris - not sure of the year. They had 5 children, 4 are still alive. These are Shirley, Gwen, Hilary and Jayne. The brother Gerald passed away about 10-15 years ago ? Freds wife Gwen lived to be 100 and died in 2009, he passed away in 1977. I have cousins on this side of the family in the UK and some in the USA. Im the daughter of Gwen born in 1938. Bit confusing as she has the same name as my nan :) . I can confirm that I met Leonard(looked very like my grandad) Donald and Elizabeth in my younger years

Im sure my aunt could help more - she can read the posts only currently until she sorts her registration.

Im sure my aunt could help more - she can read the posts only currently until she sorts her registration.

Hi Sarah,
I realise now that I was a generation out in my reply to your posting ~ so your grandfather was the son of Elizabeth Quinn & William Frederick Aspinall. I am sorry for that error.
It's a pity that your Aunt wasn't able to register but if she would like to make contact with me via email perhaps that might be easier for her? It would be a far better way for me to share what documents & photo's I have been able to collect should she wish to see them too.
I have just sent you a private message to give you my email address & would welcome contact from any family members who would like to chat about the family.
Thank you.

I seek news of my childhood friend, Margaret Aspinall, who lived in Corrie Croft, Sheldon. We were both born in 1938. I lived in Boyne
Road at that time.

Delphine,

There were two born in Birmingham around this time - Margaret E in 1937 and Margaret V in 1938 - which one was it?

Maurice

Not sure I’m afraid. The Margaret I knew was probably born late 37 or early 38. I would love to meet her again. We both attended Cockshut Hill School, Sheldon. I now live in Cornwall.

On the 1939 register Arthur D and Elsie May Aspinall are living at 19 Corrie Croft. Elsie's maiden name appears to be Davis which would mean it's probably Margaret V.

Elsie marries twice more after Arthur's death and dies in Devon (reg. Plymouth). There's a marriage for a Margaret V Aspinall registered in Plymouth to an Ivor L Morris but if this is her or a coincidence I don't know.

Back