• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Queen Elizabeth II has died

it was the most amazing thing i have ever witnessed no better send off could have been given...was ok up until the orb..sceptre and crown were removed from the queens coffin..to me that signalled finality her job was done and the tears flowed

lyn

Last edited:
it was the most amazing thing i have ever witnessed no better send off could have been given...was ok up until the orb..sceptre and crown were removed from the queens coffin..to me that signalled finality her job was done and the tears flowed

lyn
Same here Lynn, the Hear beautiful horse and the Corgi's set me off first, then the removal of the items from the coffin.
What a great Queen she was and she will be sadly missed.

We get up early in TN anyway, however we decided to start recording before we got up and watched on a slight delay. My wife (born and rasied US) watched every thing and had so many questions so we could back up and I would try to answer. Our daughter had been in London a few weeks ago and went to Westminster Abby and Windsor Castle-so it was very special for her.
The Queen was a great lady and will be missed!

Back