• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pye Agnes

Charlie

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
Can anyone do a look up for me in Kellys for a drapers shop in Key Hill run by Agnes Pye - her husband's name was Joseph. This would be around 1955. Many thanks.

Hi Charlie,
Kelly's 1949 shows Mrs. Agnes Pye ,draper at 16,Key Hill,
hope that helps

Colin

Thanks Colin, I used to call her "Auntie" and stay there sometimes, they had a daughter a little older than me. I'm trying to establish if she/they were really related or if it was one of those 'polite' thingeys..we used to call every female friend of your parents 'auntie'. There in 1949 so must have had the shop quite a while I guess.
Thanks again for the info. I now know I've got the name right!

just checked 1969 Kelly's she's still there at 15/16 key Hill,seems to have expanded into the shop next door as well ,so she was there for quite a while.

Colin

Yet another time when I've wondered why I didn't go back when I had the chance! I didn't realise she'd gone on that long - and expanded! It was a pokey little shop as I remembered it......but how I wish it was still there!

Back