• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

pugh /lee/ lea family

G

glitterwings

searching for family of edward lee who married ann maria pugh on 29th oct 1856 at saint marks in birmingham father was thomas lee blacksmith . thank you

not sure whats going on here but i couldnt find the marriage you described but found this one at st. martins bham on 8 nov 1846

edward lee. full age. bachelor. nailer. abode crescent. father john lee blacksmith.

ann maria pugh. full age.spinster.crescent. father john pugh. blacksmith

witnesses francis and sophia lee.

any idea if this is yours? where did you get the info from??

yes that is the right ones . i belonged to the birmingham family history society many years ago and i bought them from there i believe it is from the igi.it just says page 24,788.

do you mean the answer ive given you is correct, so it is edward lee with father john lee blacksmith and they were married 1846 not 1856?

if so is there anything else you needed or are you ok now :)

i want to try to find where edward lee was born, as yet i cannot find a birth for him.
i have the following from the 1871 census
4 summerhill street birm
edward lee 48 born shropshire
maria lee 44 born warks
plus children maria22
fredrick george. both born warks
the trouble is he has stated in other places he was born in birmingham.

My father was Frederick George Henry Lee, born 1902 in Stour St Birmiingham. Tjis is probably no help to anyone, just thought I would mention it.

i want to try to find where edward lee was born, as yet i cannot find a birth for him.
i have the following from the 1871 census
4 summerhill street birm
edward lee 48 born shropshire
maria lee 44 born warks
plus children maria22
fredrick george. both born warks
the trouble is he has stated in other places he was born in birmingham.
i had a look at that census and if that is your family i would definitely go with that he was born in broseley shropshire. he may have said bham later as his wife and children were born there. as its so specific being broseley shropshire i would go with that. cant see anything on igi but maybe it will appear in the future as they keep updating it.

Back