• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pudding.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
I received a phone call from Steve our lad this morning and he and Bev had just returned from the vet after having to have Pud put to sleep. He had been on kidney tablets for some time but went down hill fast and they and the vet thought it the kindest thing to do. They brought him home and put him in the garden with their other pets. The grandchildren said goodbye to him before they went to school and I dread to think that they will be like when they get home. He was eighteen years old so had a good long life. Will sort a nice photo out of him later. Bye. Jean.

Hello Jean
Sorry to hear about Pud :((cat?). It's always sad to say goodbye to a pet but your son did the right thing. I had a dog who had kidney faliure - we tried to treat it but nothing works. I know now that if it happened again I would have the animal put to sleep sooner rather than later.
I hope the children are ok when they come home from School
Polly

Yes Miriam we have looked after him many a time when they have been away. The sloppiest fussiest cat I have known and believe you me I have known some in my time. His brother Oscar died two years ago so he has had two more years than him. They were put on the internet as unwanted kittens that were going to be put to sleep so they were both very lucky cats when our twins had one each. Bye. Jean.

very sorry about the cat jean, im sure it will be a very tearful day for everyone but they definitely did the right thing. :( he obviously had a wonderful life so thats the thing they should try to focus on.

Jean, I am so sorry to read that Pud has had to be put to sleep, they are such sad day's, only time eases the pain. Been down that road so many times with my pet's over the years.:(

What a beautiful expressive face Pudding has, you must all be devestated at his loss. He is almost certainly in feline heaven, again in his prime terrorising the bird population. I have an 18 year old Jack Russell miniature that and he is failing fast, I dread the moment when he has to take his last trip to the doctors.

John he never bothered with birds and unlike most cats rarely ventured out of his own garden even when he was a young un. When they looked after moms cockateil and she came out to fly he just sat and watched and I think had lost his natural hunting instincts whereas his brother Oscar was a true hunter cat. Like chalk and cheese. Bye. Jean.

Hello Johndavies. We too have a miniature Jack Russell [see ativar] and he too is just holding on. He rises from his beg to say hello and then back into it he goes. He is a lovely dog [no yapping].

Jean, your picture of Pudding shows she/he was a beautiful cat.

Miriam.

He was a boy Miriam but the vet took away his manhood I am afraid. That's why he didn't stray out of his own garden I suspect. I have not phoned the grandchildren as I know Anthony in particular will be upset as Pud followed him all over the house. Bingo is lovely isn't he and John I know how you feel. In dread of the day. We said no more pet's but then we gave in. Bye. Jean.

John he never bothered with birds and unlike most cats rarely ventured out of his own garden even when he was a young un. When they looked after moms cockateil and she came out to fly he just sat and watched and I think had lost his natural hunting instincts whereas his brother Oscar was a true hunter cat. Like chalk and cheese. Bye. Jean.

Hi Jean
An angel amongst cats which makes his passing even the more sadder. If I could find a cat like that I would have one. Take care

John

Thanks John. Steve has just been on the phone and he is buried in his favourite spot. He just said the vet said he could keep him alive for a little longer but if he was his cat he would have no hesitation. That wouldn't have been any life and he is not in any pain now. He had a growth removed from his leg a couple of years ago but that was different as he had a good quality of life afterwards. Bye. Jean.

Steve and his son Anthony stayed up till one oclock last night and earlier while Ant was doing some school work on the computer he became quite emotional as Pud always lay across his lap. Beve is going to buy one of those curled up cats to put on the slab where he is buried. She felt worse this morning than yesterday but drove to school. Max the dog skulked in the corner when they brought Pud back from the vets with his ears down. They know don't they?. Jean.

Jean, what a lovely cat Pudding was. However, he is now out of any pain and that is the only way to look at it. I still miss my cat even though she died in her sleep some months ago. Still expect her to be waiting at the door when I come home, and jumping on my lap to watch tele with me in the evenings. They are part of the family aren't they?

Judy

I think you miss them forever Judy. I still miss Dolly (my cat) who died last year, in spite of the fact that I have four here. I know you must miss Watty. They are family member's there is no doubt about that.

she was certainly a beautiful cat jean. hope the family are coping, especially your grandson anthony

I am sorry Jean. Our animals give us so much don't they, and it takes a while before you can even begin to think of those happy times with them.

Back