• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Public house landlords

Lizy barnes

master brummie
Morning all

Could some one put me in the right direction as to where i could find the name of the Landlord of the Rainbow pub in Digbeth during 1949 thanks .

Hi Lizy

Listing from 1950 Kelly's Directory which would be the listing of 1949.

Rainbow Inn (Sidney Price), 160 High st. Bordesley 12

Phil

Thankyou for replyng so quickly.This is such a wonderful sight where there are always people willing to help ,and if they cannot,they put you forward to someone who can.:):)

Hi Lizzy
I reqested info on Pubs and adresses last Friday, relating to the year 1911 and by the afternoon I had all the info required even the name of the landlord from 1912 which was my gt gt grandmother, It was amazing the members helped me tremendously, so i should imagine you will get your information. Its a great site
Lynda :)

Hi can anyone look me up my Grandad who was a licensee of a pub in Halesowen in the 50,s/ 60,s callled the Anchor . It was on Gorsty Hill and his name was Charles Field. Thanks.:)

Thanks for that, Terry. Why some of my pictures turn this way - have no idea. Can't find any pictures of the Country Girl in our case of pictures - mores the pity. Did you recognize anyone.? Miriam

The Country Girl. It's no longer a pub as such, I believe it is an Indian retaurant now, not too sure though.

Terry

Terry B 18. Through my 'now eyes' the Country Girl doesn't look the same as I remember. Remember it was on a corner and opposite it was the RC Rosary Church - is that still there? Miriam.

Thankyou for replyng so quickly.This is such a wonderful sight where there are always people willing to help ,and if they cannot,they put you forward to someone who can.:):)

Liz Its all in a days work for the members here we love our Brum Pubs:rolleyes:

Terry B 18. Through my 'now eyes' the Country Girl doesn't look the same as I remember. Remember it was on a corner and opposite it was the RC Rosary Church - is that still there? Miriam.

Is this the one?

Attachments

• Alum Rock The Country Girl Bridge Road Parkfield Road.jpg
    Alum Rock The Country Girl Bridge Road Parkfield Road.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 3
Thanks, Al & Terry. No, I am afraid I did not recognise anyone in the picture, but 1940 was perhaps a tadge early for my connections. Shame, though.

Thank you Terry B for that picture of the Roasary - That was my elder brother and mine church and I think the school was at the back of the Church. How old is that picture? Miriam.

Hi can anyone look me up my Grandad who was a licensee of a pub in Halesowen in the 50,s/ 60,s callled the Anchor . It was on Gorsty Hill and his name was Charles Field. Thanks.:)
Hi id love if there was some new info on this one , it may have been in my nans name also which is Hilda Field ????, and if anyone has any pics of the pub too that would be great , thanks

Back