• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pub Quiz

1 as I remembered the building in Brussels from a Scout camping trip! Chris Collins must have been a quick and able reader, since he studied Language and Literature at Birmingham Polytechnic followed by an MA at Warwick. I suspect he's telling pork pies.

I'm loving the honesty here.
Not into quizzes, as usually overburdened with sport or music . I did get two and probably should have got another 3.
Now Kieron, you commented on honesty. well be honest yourself and say how many you would have got . I know it will be more than me as there are a number of football questions :mad:

Not into quizzes, as usually overburdened with sport or music . I did get two and probably should have got another 3.
Now Kieron, you commented on honesty. well be honest yourself and say how many you would have got . I know it will be more than me as there are a number of football questions :mad:

Sorry about the footy questions but I compiled the quiz for a friend who is an Albion fan. There were 30 questions as I put it together for a fun element of a birthday party whereby guests could access it on a phone during the evening. I do not know how they police pub quizzes these days as I have not been to one for years. However, I imagine there is a lot of cheating on phones. Consequently, I tried to formulate it so that they were not easy to look up quickly on a device - hence the pictures rather than text.

Anyway, good point about how many I knew - and reasonable to ask. Honestly ... No.2, though young, is identifiable. No.4 as I have a lot of old car pics for some reason. No.5 is easy as it is deemed a classic of the genre, plus I like old film posters. No.6 and surprised you Brummies did not recognise the building. No.10 as there was only a short stretch built in that year. No.11 as, although I am not an avid fan, that episode is probably the best sci-fi plots ever and a MUST if you have not seen it. No.12 can be got with an educated guess. No.14 as I am a music freak. No.15 as it is one of those books widely read. No.19 – there was only a few options and the others I have seen pics of. No.20 as I have been – funnily, we were stood underneath it and could hardly see it as the mist was so thick! On another occasion it was the backdrop to a stage in the Tour de France and I was there. So, the answer is 10.

NEW QUIZ ROUND

I only posted the quiz as I remembered that many people enjoyed my picture quiz during the lockdown. As I already had these questions made up I thought I would add them as a fun element of my site. I only intend to add another round from time-to-time as I am so busy on other stuff. Anyway, I did make up a picture round over the weekend. I do think it is quite hard but the answers are posted so you can go ... "oh yeah, I should have got that." You can find this at : https://www.midlandspubs.co.uk/pub-quiz/when-they-were-young.htm

I did say I did not like quizzes. Again only two - and, not speaking Persian got the spelling of Freddy's name completely wrong, and no reason to think, after seeing the answers, that I should have known the others.

Back