• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Prefabs in Queens Road, Yardley

Thanks for posting those documents localmike. Seems that they were demolished rather later than I thought. After I had moved to Atherstone in 1984 in fact.

Regards

datadave
I have found seven columns of names (around 60 per column) in the 1980 voters list, so they were all occupied then, at least.

Does anyone know when the prefabs on Slade Road Erdington were demolished [presumably they have been]
At a guess, I would say late 70’s early 80’s. They were there still in the early 70’s when I was at school. They were rebuilt by the council as social housing, so as government policy was not to build any new social housing after 1984, I believe they were done before that deadline.

At a guess, I would say late 70’s early 80’s. They were there still in the early 70’s when I was at school. They were rebuilt by the council as social housing, so as government policy was not to build any new social housing after 1984, I believe they were done before that deadline.
From the map on the Prefab Museum website

From the Council's Planning Department in 1979, about the Slade Road prefabs being replaced.

Attachments

• Document-15FCD2C5EFCAC3D02A198BB800B5FF82.pdf
    38.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back