• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

posties dropped a clanger

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi all..this is just a little message to let you all know that i asked postie for a tidy up on the xmas bash thread and to delete all the posts and start again with the post that gives all the details of the bash including the list of members attending...well hes only gone and deteted the whole thread:cry: and ive only written down whos coming as far as lady linda:cry: hopefully i can remember some of the others..so after i start a new thread which will be tomorrow can those who dont see their names down please inform me..

jim i know you are the gaffer but i think you should take this..:headhit::headhit::D

lyn

Oh dear Lyn thats the sort of thing I usually do:rolleyes:! I am sure everyone who is attending will soon let you know Lyn. Don't be to hard on our gaffer he has such a difficult job:sweat:.

hi wend...i know he does but its not every day i get the chance to bang jim on the head...:D:D will sort it out tomorrow...:)

Lynn is this of help ...! From August

SANTA WILL BE OUR SPECIAL GUEST PLEASE REMEMBER THAT CHILDREN ARE VERY WELCOME...:):)

MEMBERS ATTENDING....

ASTONESS...
MIKE-G..AND MO...
CELIA...
COOKIE...AND POSS EDNA...
LYNNE WEBB...2 LITTLE UNS....
VICKI.1...
POSTIE..AND HILARY...
MAGGIE UK...PLUS 3 GRANDSONS..AND 1 LITTLE PRINCESS...
OTHERHALF....
MAXWELL BULLIVANT...
BERNARD ARNOLD...AND HOPEFULLY 1...
COLIN B..AND JAN...
EVERGREEN...(HEATHER)...
ROBERT THE LATE..PLUS 1...
MAYFIELD..AND PAULA..POSS TOM...
WENDY...AND MICHAEL...
SHERA...
RICHIE...
BRUMMIE60...POSS..
TERRYB18...AND PAT...
KELLYS.....NIGEL....AND 2 LITTLE UNS..
LOUISAND (ANN) PLUS POSS 1..
TADRUSSEL..(GAIL) PLUS 1...PLUS 2 LITTLE UNS...to confirm..
MAUR....
TRESARIO..(bernie)..PLUS MOM....
KATYBOO....plus 2 grandchildren...

Last edited:
Lyn In your post, does it or does it not say i asked postie for a tidy up on the xmas bash thread and to delete all the posts and start again.
I rest my case
( phew I think I might have gotten away with it ):blush:

Hummm... maybe with a little help from your friends Jim.... ! Hope that's the list Lynn wanted... LOL:)

thanks chris.....i wanted the new thread to start at post 143 so if you have got that by any chance it would be a help if not dont worry im sure i will get all the names eventually....:)

cheers

lyn

Here you go, Lyn. This was posted yesterday, 23rd October .....
bringing to the top....the bhf bandwagon rolls on..:thumbsup: hi everyone...now i know its very early but we had to act quickly on this meet up in case of problems booking a room...which has now been offically booked and deposit paid..

this year we have had two wonderful meet ups at the stags head when prof and marie were the landlords and you will all remember the wonderful hospitality we were shown:):)

they have now left the stag and are just round the corner at the unity club in new summer street and we thought it may be nice to hold a christmas meet there this year...

its been fully refurbished and looks wonderful..

as prof has posted he and marie would like the unity to be known as a family club so if anyone would like to bring along their kids or grandchildren they are most welcome to do so...also any friends...:)

venue...the birmingham unity club..
address...new summer street..newtown...

date...saturday the 18th of december..
time...12.30 pm....

free to get in..:thumbsup:

there will be £100 deposit for the room which will be given back provided we dont wreck the place::cry:...this has be paid for out of our forum funds...so in effect the room is also free....:thumbsup:

buffet and raffles to be arranged so as colin would say..watch this space...:):)

if anyone would like to donate something to the 2nd raffle draw that would be great...thanks everyone......

as santa will also be there children are especially welcome and there will a prezzie for each one of them..:133:

members attending....

astoness...
mike-g..and mo...
celia...plus daughter....
cookie...and poss edna...
lynne webb...2 little uns....
vicki.1...
postie..and hilary...
maggie uk...plus 3 grandsons..and 1 little princess...
otherhalf....
maxwell bullivant...
bernard arnold...and hopefully 1...
colin b..and jan...
evergreen...(heather)...
robert..plus 1...
mayfield..and paula..plus tom as driver..
wendy...and michael...
shera...
richie...
brummie60...poss..
terryb18...and pat...
kelly.....nigel....and 2 little uns..
louisand (ann) plus poss 1..
tadrussel..(gail) plus 1...(3 little uns are to be confirmed)
maur....vicky..plus 3 little uns...
tresario..(bernie)..plus mom....
katyboo....plus 2 grandchildren...
aidan...plus the boss..
topsyturvey...plus...3..
ladylinda....
mallyb 2...
brumbrumbrum....plus 2...
mikejee...plus mom...
john davies...[/QUOTE]

brillient david...problem sorted...:thumbsup:will start a new thread tomorrow...

cheers

lyn:)

:)Postie's unpacked his case and is no longer leaving the country.:) Hope you don't mind me mentioning this on your thread Lyn but I too dropped a clanger and told Postie I could not fine some posts on a thread. I have just discovered why.:stare: I have two threads going with the same title and didn't realise so it might be me that packs me bags. What a plonka eh? Sorry Jim?.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi Lyn, when I was at work, our collection manager gave someone 16 hours overtime over a weekend to print out all
the postboxes, and do the collection sheets etc, only for a young trainee manager from Burton to come in and wipe
out the lot,accidents happen in the best of families Postie, Bernard

oh bernard i know they do and ive dropped more clangers than i care to remember..i put it down to me senior moments...:rolleyes:

Lyn In your post, does it or does it not say i asked postie for a tidy up on the xmas bash thread and to delete all the posts and start again.
I rest my case
( phew I think I might have gotten away with it ):blush:

I think you are vindicated Jim . Max

Sorry Lyn....have to decline the invite because i am now back at work (unfortunately) and have to work that saturday.....but I'm sure you all will have a fantastic time....have a drink on me in my abscence....love Anne xx

hi anne..oh i am sorry that you cant make it to the bash although happy that you are back at work again...i do hope that you will make it a future meet and yes i will have a drink on you..look out for all the pics that will surely be posted...

take care..

lyn

Back