• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Possible Marriage at St Martin's 1857

skylark

Proud to be a Brummie !!
This is a big request for a possible marriage at St Martin's (if I am Lucky !)

JUNE QTR 1857, Aston CATHERINE BROUGH & JOHN SANT WEIGHTMAN.

Many thanks in advance.

Margaret.

Can't see the marriage at the moment - will keep looking. But I have found a baptism - you may have it already but here it is:
ST Martins - August 12th 1857 Edward John Sant parents John Sant and Catherine Weightman - living Deritend - fathers occupation - commercial traveller.

Last edited:
Hi Skylark
I have located the marrage of John Sant weightman.
John Sant Weightman Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1857 Registration district:Aston Inferred County: Warwickshire Volume Number:6d Page Number:391 Also Catherine Brough checks out the same info. Hope this helps.
Regards Stars

Thank you for that additional info on the baptism,Pollypops, which I had not found for myself...my,my....the baptism came VERY SOON after their marriage did it not ????

Thank you also Stars, for your info.

Appreciate your help,
Margaret.

Margaret, I cannot find the marriage, just the baptism - yes it was very soon after the marriage wasn't it :)

Thank you for looking, Pollypops, I do appreciate it. Possibly they did NOT have a church wedding if she was heavy with child !!!!!

Margaret.

Margaret this may be the baptism of Catherine??? If it is you may already have it :)
11th January 1837 Catherine born 22nd July 1836 daughter of Edward and Sarah Brough living Deritend fathers occupation Brush maker.

Thank you for this additional info, I had luckily found this baptism & one for her older sister Sarah as well... thanks as always for your time & trouble...

Margaret.

Back