• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pink Germolene

remember when the nit nurse came to school....well one on my classmates got a that dreaded slip of paper to take home.....she had beautiful long thick plaits and l really envied her for her hair ....well the next day she came to school reeking of sloans linenment her mother must have soaked her hair in it as her hair was so greasey and the whole classroom reeked of it. Brenda

Rowan, you've really brought back memories with Gumption. I remember that well we always seemed to use it in our house.

Judy

My Mom used to rub our chests with camphorated oil!

You can still get it from the chemist shop at the Black Country Museum.

Junie

I had a small cyst on the front of my leg due to an injury 20 years earlier & it wouldn't go away no matter what the doctor prescribed at the time but I spread the Germoline on it & covered it with a big plaster & left it alone for about 10 days & when I removed the plaster the cyst appeared to have disolved. Now not even a trace is visible so it's amazing stuff

Does this relate to Pink Germolene? I couldn't see the connection other than the web site being pink.
Post vanished while I was typing. Well done moderator that was quick.

Last edited:
My husband had extremely sore hands a week ago, and I suggested that he went to the local chemist for some Germolene. Which I had read sometime ago is better than hand creams. He came back with a tube of the original PINK Germolene. He creamed his hands thoroughly at bedtime and put on a pair of cotton gloves...Well I woke in the night thinking I was being gassed, by golly does it smell strong! I have now banned that one and gone back to the white cream version, which is nowhere near as powerful a smell.

Maggs

Germolene was banned from our house it was to severe to put on children's cuts and abrasions

Mau-reece

Back