• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Phillips - Charles Harry, family

jdn5764

master brummie
I'm trying to do my family tree, slightly going off track with my Great Grandmothers sister Rosina.

Rosina (nee Hands) married a Charles Harry Phillips in 1895, he died in 1911 before the census. He was buried in Warstone Lane.

If anyone can find anything out about these people it would be appreicated.

I don't know if they had any children together, or if Rosina married after Charles' death.

Key Hil Brian did clean up my Great Grandmothers Grave a little while ago Mary Ann Allcock. I haven't been on here much as my own Father passed away in March of this year and I'm currently looking after my Mom (Mary's Grand-daughter) with terminal cancer. So I haven't been able to visit Mary's grave yet. Just wondered if the flowers that Brian Planted flowered?

Re: Charles Harry Phillips grave

In 1911 Rosina was still at Hunters Vale with her father Edward Hands.
Lilian Martha Phillips,her niece aged 13,was also there.(Lilian's surname was actually Reddall)
Lilian was living at Hunters Vale in 1901 with her grandparents and Rosina and Charles. Surname was transcribed as Redhall

Births Mar 1898
Lilian Martha Reddall Birmingham 6d 119

Marriages Dec 1915
Thomas Flynn married Rosina Phillips Aston 6d 1315
Thomas and Rosina were at Hunters Vale until at least 1939.
Marriages Jun 1926
Alfred J G Gibbs married Lilian M Reddall Birmingham N 6d 1015
Alfred and Lilian were at the same address from 1930 until 1939.

Deaths Sep 1941
Rosina Flynn aged 69 Birmingham 6d 163

Last edited:

By 1950 Alfred and Lilian Gibbs (nee Reddall) were living at 115 Finch Road.
In 1955 Lilian is listed there with son Ronald and his wife Iris.
Deaths Dec 1952
Alfred J G GIBBS aged 56 Birmingham 9c 33

This may be Rosina's burial place?
Burial Year:1941
Surname:FLYNN
First names:Rosina
Register no:96259
No. in grave:1
Place:Warstone Lane cemetery
Town:Birmingham
County:Warwickshire

Rosina Flynn buried 1941 in in section S grave 846.

There are two Charles Henry Phillips buried 1911 one in Vault 16 and the other in Vault K32.

If you have the date of death, we can work out which is 'yours', as the inscription on K32 shows the date of death.

Rosina Flynn: I have located the grave of Rosina Flynn. There is no (visible) memorial, but the adjoining memorials mean that it is possible to identify it. The pad of paper shows the location.
Facing Icknield Street, with Pitsford Street, the grave of Sarah Ann Barrett-Ware (S837) is immediately to the right. Joseph Jones(S845) is beyond the pad of paper. Bottom left-hand corner of photo is Alice Ellen Shaw (S859). Not all the memorials have numbers, but I have checked names/plot numbers with Wendy.
rosina_flynn_S846_40pc.jpg
[Brian, feel free to correct!]

Back