• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Petition To Keep HP Sauce in Britain

H

harborne

There is an e-petition for this very worthy cause for Birmingham and neighbouring areas especially. So far the site only has a couple of hundred signatures. This is your chance to make your voice heard. Go to the following link: https://petitions.pm.gov.uk/hpsauce/

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I see that this was annouced last June, when does it actually close?
It is sad.:(

I can't open the petition for some reason.

Hi Girls that link was on the forum last year, I singed it.
I read somewhere that they are closing HP in March this year so maybe it's now out of date.

Sorry!!!

Thanks Girls. Didn't know it had been mentioned, I came across it by chance. I think it is still valid because I went onto a few others and it stated that no further signatures could be added. Still, it was worth a try.

Have just had a look at the petition and it's open for signing until May 2007 :) :)

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Keep HP Sauce In Britain. More details

Submitted by Gary Blake of LondonEats.comDeadline to sign up by: 15 May 2007 – Signatures: 292​

Cromwell - If the petition is open to be signed until May why would you discourage people from signing it?:(
It might just save jobs that people depend on and need support from the rest of GB.
Go for Harborne. :)

The factory will close by March 2007 and its production will be moved to the Netherlands.
Heinz said that it had evaluated at all options since the closure plan was announced in May and it was not viable to keep the Aston factory open.
The company said it would attempt to help affected staff find alternative employment.
In response, John Jordan, the acting national secretary of the T&G, described the decision as a case of ‘corporate greed’.

So its done and dusted Sakura and ya just wasting ya time

i spoke to a couple of workers while i was ferreting about round there and believe me ,they have given up the ghost of it being a going concern again,just hanging on to pick up their p45s

Someone told me yesterday that they had a bottle with"bottled in Holland" on it. The machinery was moved out weeks ago

Makes ya smile... the Downing St web site has over 2000 petitions on it .....
They don't take any notice of any of them.....some of them you have to see to believe....
But......

Back