• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Peter Pitt (1817-1884)

theodore_tarter

Hi all,
My 3rd great-grandfather was named Peter Pitt (1817-1884). He was a relatively famous japanner and landscape painter in Birmingham. He resided at 52 Long St, Sparkbrook and 13 Clifton Road, Balsall Heath, as well as 7 St. George's Crescent, Birmingham and Wilton Street in Lozells. I found a painting that he did, and on the back it says "Langford & Kriegel" (or Krieger), with the address 100 Colmore Row, Birmingham, UK. Does anyone know anything about Peter, or know where I could get photographs of him? Please email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Regards,
Ted

Last edited:
Hi all,
My 3rd great-grandfather was named Peter Pitt (1817-1884). He was a relatively famous japanner and landscape painter in Birmingham. He resided at 52 Long St, Sparkbrook and 13 Clifton Road, Balsall Heath, as well as 7 St. George's Crescent, Birmingham and Wilton Street in Lozells. I found a painting that he did, and on the back it says "Langford & Kriegel" (or Krieger), with the address 100 Colmore Row, Birmingham, UK. Does anyone know anything about Peter, or know where I could get photographs of him? Thanks!

Regards,
Ted
Welcome
For security you may want to remove your email address from the public view and allow members to reply to you via the messaging service on the Forum. If they do so you will see a small red number next to the envelope top right next to your avatar.

Last edited:
Peter Pitt's record on findmypast has had info added to it, by the OP I assume...

The only thing I could add to it is about the sister (Eliza) not listed but that may only because she doesn't appear to have a findmypast record.

Hi Theodore, you seem have registered twice. I shall remove the Ted_ tarter registration for you. Viv.

Back