• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Perambulator Factory

Tippin

proper brummie kid
Hi,

One of my ancesters was a Blacksmith working in a Perambulator Factory. I was wondering if any one could help me indentify the name of the factory he would have worked at. He lived on Lower Essex Street and Tillingham Street, so I quess that it would have been around that area of Brum.

Stephen

His name was Henry Tippin (or Tippins). As for date's, the first time he states he works at the Perambulator Factory was on the 1881 Census, the last on the 1901. He died in 1902, and was a journeyman blacksmith by that time, so perhaps the factory cloased, or Henry just lost his job.

prams

Lloyd James & Co. Ltd. perambulator mfrs. i n to 119
New Town row 6. T A " Wheels, Birmingham ; "​
Aston Cross 2305

my mom, brother and myself worked at this factory making high class prams they had there own blacksmith paint shop Mom was a paint sprayer Bob was a coach painter and a was a packer

Back