• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Peaky Blinders - A world away from Downton!

Edifi

master brummie
Who counted them.Myself and the wife came up from Kent 4 times.Nobody counted us.Might be one plucked out the sky by someone in the Council on a bonus.:mad::mad:

DavidGrain

master brummie
Who counted them.Myself and the wife came up from Kent 4 times.Nobody counted us.Might be one plucked out the sky by someone in the Council on a bonus.:mad::mad:
If I go to London and buy two single tickets as I often do. How do they know whether I am a tourist visiting London or a tourist visiting Birmingham?

I have just discovered that the Guardian do a summary of each episode of Peaky Blinders. This came up on my phone today

A Sparks

master brummie
I've not seen it either but I know they have used the Black Country Museum for quite a few of the shots, I don't know about Brum, I guess it would be difficult to find places there now.

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
They must have done some filming in Liverpool, as I understand that they are doing Peaky Blinder tours there now.

DavidGrain

master brummie
Several canal and factory scenes were shot in the Black Country Museum. Street scenes were mainly shot in Liverpool. Studio scenes were, I believe, shot in Bradford. I have read that they are planning to do more shooting in Birmingham in the later series.

Robert Ensor (bob)

master brummie
Back in the 70s a show called "Out" was filmed in Brum I only ever recognized one scene.

It not untill you have spent time on a "shoot" do you realize how fake it all is how locations are used in a false way and props,. Any cars that were left on the street get a false paper license plate.

And it seems Liverpool and others are now a stand in for our city

Ray T

master brummie
I have a friend in Canada who told me she absolutely loves watching the Peaky Blinders and she was very curious about Birmingham. When I told her Small Heath really existed and that I used to collect train numbers from the bridge at Small Heath Station as a boy, she said she'd enjoy the series even more. It's good to see Brum attracting such interest in countries around the world.