• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Parker Family

M

michellep6

Hi,
I'm trying to find out any information about the Parker family tree. My father was born in Birmingham in 1939 but as my grandfather was in the RAF he was posted to N.Ireland where my grandmother followed and never returned. My father is now 70, has lived in N.Ireland all his life but has no wider family at all. we're trying somewhat helplessly to help him trace his roots.

what i do know -

Grandmother - Minnie Lane born in Aston on 20-12-1912 (siblings: Walter, William, Lily, Nancy, Frank, Sydney)

Grandfather - Sydney Parker 08-08-1908 (siblings: Hilda, Elsie, Mable)

i've hit a brick wall and don't know where i should be looking for information.

any help you could give would be much appreciated!

thanks in advance

Michelle

Hello and welcome Michelle im sure some body will be along to help you

Mau-reece:)

There is a Minnie Lane,birth registered 1st quarter 1913,this may be your Minnie Lane.Year of Registration:1913 Quarter of Registration:Jan-Feb-Mar Mother's Maiden Name Price District:Aston (1837-1924) County:Warwickshire Volume:6d Page:964

Last edited:
If you apply for the marriage certificate of Minnie and Sydney,this is likely to have fathers' names on it and addresses.
I had a quick look for a marriage,but couldn't see one!
Are the brothers and sisters older or younger than Minnie and Sydney?
I'm sure someone will come up with some more help in the morning when we're all snowed in and there's no transport!!!

Hi Michelle

I found the marriage --

Minnie Lane/Sidney Parker 3rd qtr 1937 Birmingham 6d 1609

Note the spelling of his name

Is this your father, remember this was when the birth was registered --

Arthur P Parker mmn Lane 2nd qtr 1939 Birmingham 6d 984

Could this be a brother --

Norman J Parker 1st qtr 1940 Birmingham 6d 878

bren

I found three births, the one Linda gave you for Minnie plus --

Walter E Lane mmn Price 3rd qtr 1915 Aston 6d 847

Louis F Lane mmn Price 3rd qtr 1918 Aston 6d 760

There is a birth reg in 1908 --

Sidney Parker 3rd qtr 1908 Birmingham 6d 126

Unfortunately this was before they included the mothers maiden name,i would advise you send for the marriage cert for Minnie and Sidney first and on there you should find the names of both fathers. Once you know these names you could then send for their birth cert's telling them to send them only if the fathers names match those on the marriage cert. Once you have these and all is confirmed you can then give us the names of the parents, including mothers maiden name from birth cert's, and we can look for their marriages.

bren

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

seriously you have all just made my day!!

ok - the marriage details of Minnie and Sidney are correct. Thats my grandparents! also the information about Walter Lane etc is definitely my fathers uncles who he never met.

The Norman Paker is actually my dad! he was born in Birmingham 1939 along with his brother. His other brother and sister were born in N. Ireland (when my grandfather came home on leave from Iceland!!).

when i was growing up my dad always told us how he remebered leaving Birmingham on the train in the Blitz thinking he was only going away for a while. its so sad to think that my grandmother and her children never went 'home'.

my father has always stayed true to his Brummie roots and still says he is an Englishman. so thank you all so much for helping me find this information!

can't wait to see what else i can find...

Michelle

Hi,
I'm trying to find out any information about the Parker family tree. My father was born in Birmingham in 1939 but as my grandfather was in the RAF he was posted to N.Ireland where my grandmother followed and never returned. My father is now 70, has lived in N.Ireland all his life but has no wider family at all. we're trying somewhat helplessly to help him trace his roots.

what i do know -

Grandmother - Minnie Lane born in Aston on 20-12-1912 (siblings: Walter, William, Lily, Nancy, Frank, Sydney)

Grandfather - Sydney Parker 08-08-1908 (siblings: Hilda, Elsie, Mable)

i've hit a brick wall and don't know where i should be looking for information.

any help you could give would be much appreciated!

thanks in advance

Michelle
No way I've been tracking down my family and my great gran was called Minnie Lane and my great grandad was called Sydney parker we live in NI

Back