• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

park road or park lane hockley

philbee

birmingham born and bred
I know this is a long shot me and my sister used to visit our aunty gert and uncle jim buckerfield in i think park road or park lane hockley ,we used to get the no8 and seem to remember the road used look as though it was going through a tunnel there was always street lights on when we got of the bus then if my memory serves me right we used to walk up a hill with houses all the way up and where they lived seem to remember a long brick wall opposite with no houses , i have saved the pictures lyn has put on but cannot see any thing resembling what i have described any info or photos would be interesting . Like i said a rather long shot
phil

Philbee, Just wondered if you have seen the Icknield Street thread. #286 and a few more pics of the tunnel you maybe remember.

Phil yes you would have caught the Number 8 - coming down Monument Road and then Icknield Street (under Hockley Train Station bridge) got off at The Flat walked along there and then turned up Park Road. Can you remember the number in Park Road

Phil this is the corner of Park Road (to the left) and Ford Street just as you come off The Flat and where you would start a slight incline to go up the road

topsy

I did a search for icknield street but all the threads that i looked at , the dreaded hacking has wiped the photos unless i am looking in the wrong place.

phil

Philbee - Electoral Rolls 1945 to 1955 show James and Gertrude May Buckerfield living at 332 Park Road, All Saints Ward.

In 1939 they were at 2 Sandown Terrace, Farm Street, Lozells.
Bewdley

Last edited:
Bewdley

just picked up your reply they are my aunt gert and uncle jim thanks for the reply.

Phil

Back