• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ozzy Osbourne,Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler

jennyann

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
Famous Birmingham entertainers showed up at the Grammy Awards in LA last night
1507864_10152846996057524_381828266_n.jpg

On the Birmingham Mail - article and photos Pictures Grammy Awards: Ozzy Osbourne so excited he messed up Ringo Starr intro

After collecting the Grammy, Ozzy Osbourne was supposed to greet the former Beatle onstage at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. But he lost his train of thought

Birmingham supergroup Black Sabbath scooped a glittering Grammy Award last night for Best Metal Performance.
The award was for the brutal God Is Dead?, a song off the band’s big-hitting reunion album, 13.
And frontman Ozzy Osbourne was so excited that he then messed up his introduction of Ringo Starr.
After collecting the Grammy, Ozzy was supposed to greet the former Beatle onstage at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
But the 65-year old lost his train of thought after missing a line on the teleprompter and appeared bemused.
Bandmates Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler cracked up with laughter but Ozzy finally got his lines right.
“I completely f****d it up,” admitted Ozzy. “But we’d won a Grammy Award! And Ringo’s a living legend.”

I know Ozzie was born in Aston. how about the other two? Also Richard the short chap on TopGear is a Brummie? John Crump Parker, Co USA

Richard Hammond is from Solihull I think.

I do recall one episode of Top Gear where they drove through Birmingham (and saw all the former car factory sites - e.g. Rover in Longbridge).

Black Sabbath recently played a gig at the NIA Birmingham.

While around Xmas time, Noddy Holder and Roy Wood played at the Town Hall and Symphony Hall!

What a great photo of Ozzy, Toni and Geezer great to see they are still rocking.

Hi all, I was driving through aston whilst at work, and I enquired of the new chap I was working with if he had seen ozzys house, he said he had,nt so I turned into lodge rd and up to number 14 and pointed it out, he looked at me puzzled and said I thought he lived in los angeles. michael

So anyone know IF Richard Hammond on Topgear is a Brummie? John Crump. Parker, Colorado USA

Really off topic with regards to this thread,

Having read his book I know that Richard Hammond was born in Solihull and went to Solihull school( so not a Brummie then) but went to live in Yorkshire whilst young and went to Ripon Grammar school.

He is proud of the fact that his grandparents worked in the car industry in Birmingham.

HiMemry
yes you are corect we picked up ozzie in the weekly general hospital transport ambulance to the weekly visits way back in 1953-4-5 year
i was stretch out on the stretcher with my leg broken from a hit and run out side the aldelph wich later became the atv studios
we had to go to his house to pick him up in those days from his house in lodge rd we chatted and his mom asked my mother what was y problem and we spoke as he was on the end seat in the old ambulances in those days and he had broken is arm and toldher and she said oh yes i remember seeing it the news paper
years on in life i met tommy and we drank together for years during there early years of gigs in the smiths arms before shooting off to a gig
and his female cousin whom i know personaly we mixed his mom ran and ice cream parlor up the back end of handsworth
this is now in the seventy and eightys its nice to see tommy still wearing that big cross he as kept from a kid days he his never with out it
best wishes astonin;;

Back