• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Owen Street

Shortie

master brummie
Can anyone tell me where Owen Street was please? Not in the current A-Z, so I am completely lost on this one. Shortie

Ahh, thank you Postie. That makes sense, the rest of the family were Bell Barn Road and around there. Excellent, thanks again. Shortie

Owen Street no longer exists it ran from Pigott Street which came off Bath Row. There used to be a shop on the corner of Owen St and Cleeve Terrace we used to buy merrangue cakes for 1/2p. There was also a pub at the top end.I remember one very large family by the name of Pratt also the Cannings that lived on the corner of Owen St and Pigott St.

my family lived in owen street. does anyone know of the deaf parents with large family and what happened to the mom?

my name is john baker and i was born at no 13 owen street, my mother and father were both deaf and i have 5 sisters pauline, june, ann, carol and dawn. our house was 2 doors up from trickets where they made stained glass windows.i have fond memories when i was a child like we all used to go up the country roads and have a picnic with a bottle of water and pieces of margarine (we never called them sandwiches) and we used to go to a small wood called the yankees depot where we all played hide and seek,also with us at times was johnny mallon, jimmy wilson jimmy mcfarlane,and frankie bennet. others i remember are michael loyd judith haynes the magees rita burns the pratts the kellys mathews and a few more.in 1959 our mom left us so if there is anyone with any information about her i would like to hesr from you.

Back