• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Overpool Road Ward End

anyone on here that used to live in Overpool Road or surrounding Roads in the 60's and early 70s ..we used to live there and attended Ward End Hall School in the early 70's.We had some wonderful memories my brother and myself before we left for Castle Bromwich, near to the newly developed Chelmsley Wood..We used to travel round on the No.11 Outer Circle Bus and spend our money down Villa Park

Trevor Rainsford

During the mid sixties
I used to live at 20A Overpool Road, the maisonettes next to the community centre and went to Ward End Hall School in the late 60s and stayed on an extra year.

Last edited:
Back