• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Our Post Office Closed 2 Days Ago

Alf

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
This morning as always me Lady went to fetch my paper. She had just arrived when it happened.

The usual delivery of cash for the Post Office, three fully protected Guards & Armoured Lorry.

The ex Postmistress asked why have you called here, its your usual delivery that you have each Thursday, well The Post Office is now closed and for good.

Then the Guard summed it up in three little words. 'Nobody Told Us'

Just wondering how many times this has happened around the country and more to the point how much will it all have cost.

Last edited:
Thats unbeliveable Alf you think they would communicate with each other, especially it being a lot of cash.

Alf.
Your post office closed because you "post" everything on The Forum or save a stamp by using Skype!!! You should have gone "halveses" with the driver. Speak to you later.

Its almost two weeks since our Post Office closed and before we had our post between 11.00am & 1.00pm because the Postman had a large round and used a Bike.

Now it has started coming between 1.00pm and 3.15pm but he has now got a Postman Pat Van, thats progress for you

Alf, I read somewhere recently that our esteemed government are looking at setting up a 'Peoples Bank' to be administered through our post offices. What post offices??? What a sick joke, given that they have removed services provided at the post office and as with yours, allowed the closure of branches with total disregard to the effect on local communities. Next is the partial sell off of Royal Mail. How long before complete sell off and no national integrated postal service with pillar boxes or door to door delivery? Shakes head in dispair. Improving quality of life? Hmmmm, so they say.
Mike

Back