• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Our cockatiels [cockateels].

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
We have three of the above birds all have a tale to tell. Two females Cocky and Cheeky and the male Rockie. Well Rockie and Cocky are very much in love and perform in public. Cocky has made a nest in the corner of the cages by pecking her sandpaper away and just sitting there. When she climbs up the cage Rocky takes over. It is so funny because there are six peanuts he is sitting on and protecting them and I'm sure he thinks they are eggs. Apparently they only lay eggs if there is a large nest box in the cage. Any experts out there?. Jean.

Thanks Marie I read that in a book I bought about them but can I find it. They have a large cage but I suppose I will let him think he is sitting on Cocky's eggs. Must look again for the book. Cocky is eating more grit which may be an indication that she want to lay. Jean.

I played a trick on my other half on Monday. When we went to the farm butchers he gave me a quail egg for my female to sit on and I've let Pete think she'd laid it till this morning. Won't say what he called me. Jean.;)

Back