• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Olga Kevelos

dwilly

master brummie
Anyone have any memories of this lady? Born Birmingham 1923 worked the canals during the war and was a great motorcyclist in her day.

Have had a look but can't find a biography or autobiography book about her which seems a shame as she must have had a great few tales to tell. If anyone has or knows of one please let me know. I breifly saw her being interviewed by Murphy Walker on a video once along with Geoff Duke which shows the calibre of people she was riding with in her day. Althogh Duke was talking about when he was off road riding not his road racing days! In the meantime some people on here must remember her either personally or remember her competing.

Olga had an interesting family history, worked a Canal longboat and rode in trials for the major motorcycle firms post WW II. I met her once at a Greeves related 'Do'. Died recently. As you say, very interesting but almost unknown except to the Classic Era Trials Motorcycle world.

Back