• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

'Old' Yardley Wood School

Ivor do you remember my Grandparents by any chance Breakwell (Gladys and Dennis son David, daughters Betty and June) they lived at number 18
I only remember the Ainsworth’s at 210 there was a family Bashford over the road not far above the entrance to the secondary school, Mittons further up the road towards the 13A bus terminus.

Yardley Wood School had two entrances one up a long drive from School Rd the rear one was off Ravenshill Rd there was a third one I remember now that used to be from in a Cul De Sac in Ravenshill Rd that was just past the row of shops where the chippie was.
denby grove was the entrance my grandad and gran lived there

I only remember the Ainsworth’s at 210 there was a family Bashford over the road not far above the entrance to the secondary school, Mittons further up the road towards the 13A bus terminus.
Thank you for that it was just a outside chance, most of theses people are no longer with us i'm afraid

Thank you for that it was just a outside chance, most of theses people are no longer with us i'm afraid
my grandads house was in the corner of denby grove you could go out the back gate through an alley way and come to some shops ( chip shop) i remember all gone now

I tell a lie. I remember a family Cochane and next door were Hatfield they were by the School Rd jnc of Ripon Rd. Hatfield’s had a daughter called SUSAN I seem to remember.

Back