• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Old street pics..

Carolina, I have this photo of Great Tindal Street cant offer any help with the street numbers and I have no photo of Wharf St at the moment.

Attachments

• Ladywood Mount Pleasant Great Tindal St.jpg
    Ladywood Mount Pleasant Great Tindal St.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 76
Sorry to be pedantic Carfol, but is 1.32 Hindgeston st, no 1 back 32 , or no 1 court 32 ?. They are close, but 1 court 32 is approx behind no 36 and no 32 is approx in front of court 33

Mike you are correct its 1 Court 32 Hingeston Street.

Alfred Taylor
West Birmingham
1 court 32 HINGESTON STREET-
Birmingham

Name:
Year:
Ward or Division/Constituency:
Street Address:
Residence Place:

Carol
Is 1/32 no 1 back32 , or no1 court 32. They are close, but different, as can be seen on the map belo, where court 32 is in red, and no 32 in blue.

map_c_1902_Hingeston_st_showing_no_32_and_court_32.jpg

Carol
Is 1/32 no 1 back32 , or no1 court 32. They are close, but different, as can be seen on the map belo, where court 32 is in red, and no 32 in blue.

map_c_1902_Hingeston_st_showing_no_32_and_court_32.jpg

Phil
Here is map of the houses around Mount pleasant in Gt tindall st. The empire works (red) is no 30, so the last hoiuse will be about no 54

map_c_1889_Gt_tindal_st_by_Mount_pleasant_pub~0.jpg

Hi all,

I'm after a picture and/or the exact location of 62 Aston Street, which was a barber's shop run by Joseph LONGMORE from 1871 until sometime in the 1890s when he moved to 233 Lichfield Road. Can anyone help please?

Maurice

No luck with Avenue Road or Headingley Road so far but will have a look when I've got more time
I haven't got pictures but Avenue Road runs off Oxhill Road into Uplands Road; Headingley Road runs from Oxhill Road to Elmhurst Road - both are very close together in Handsworth.

alma%20place%20cato%20street.jpg
Thanks Brumgum, I have seen those Pic's, but they don't show Alma Crecsent between Dolman st and Inkerman st Where I lived at #27 which was the front house of the yard.
Thanks, Wally.
Got an Alma Place off Cato Street wallyb someone else may have the one your after

Back