• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Old street pics..

green lane 1964 wards.jpgI had been at work for a few months when this one was taken think I earned about as much as my paper round for the first year

There was a fishing tackle shop just up the way where we used to buy our pint of maggots for fishing trips to Earlswood Lakes..happy days.

My inlaws had a sweets/tobacconist shop at 324 Green Lane during 60s/early 70s, a typical display at the time with all the jars for sweets displayed in the window to temp you. Good pic, brings back memories of helping them/serving, but for love of course not even a free penny whurligig which my husband loved, and if ever he took one his dad always knew and made him pay for it, something we often laugh about now.

It's 1947 and two views of Walsall Road near Perry Barr.
Walsall_Rd_Flood.jpg

1947_Walsall_Rd_Floods.jpg

Last edited:
The old library building , now a mosque , has had a lot of work done in the last couple of years although not in keeping with the original at least it's still standing

nice pics phil on post 2697..pic 1 showing tucker eyelets later to become tucker fasteners...sadly recently closed down

lyn

Back