• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Office Romance!

devonjim

master brummie
Just read that the head of McDonalds has been dismissed for an office romance. What are the rules these days? I know that in 1950's-60's office romances were rife, but I suppose they were mainly between folk of similar status.
In 1960's relationships were discouraged between supervisor and one's own staff in case favouritism was perceived. I recall asking not to be moved to an office where a particular red head worked in case it interfered with my quite honourable intentions!

After my RAF service, getting settled down into civvy life, I got employment with a large telecoms company in Devon. I was in charge of a manufacturing production line. Over twenty five women, all shapes, sizes and glamour. However, I did not mix business with pleasure. :laughing: The most difficult part was reconciling the heating during winter - some areas said it was too cold others too hot. After a couple of years I decided it was time for a move.

Back