• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Norton motorcycles in Aston.

royattheeasel

Please can someone tell me when Norton began and ended production in Aston? I am a motorcycle enthusiast looking to buy a Norton 500.

Please can someone tell me when Norton began and ended production in Aston? I am a motorcycle enthusiast looking to buy a Norton 500.

Norton Motorcycle Company (formerly Norton Motors, Ltd.) is a British motorcycle marque, originally from Birmingham, UK, founded in 1898 as a manufacturer of "fittings and parts for the two-wheel trade".[SUP][1][/SUP] By 1902, they had begun manufacturing motorcycles with bought-in engines.
When major shareholders started to leave Norton in 1953, the company declined and Associated Motor Cycles bought the shares.

Hard to say when Norton finished because they are still going. The name has been sold and passed around to different companies over the years. Some would say that Norton finished in 1953.

Norton has a flourishing owners club. Look on their website for info and classic bikes. They can be expensive.

A new modern day Norton will cost £15000.

Norvill in Cannock produce Norton Commando's.

If you search for Norton and for Bracebridge Street you will pull up a number of posts on Norton Roy.

index.php
remember these http://policebikes.org.uk/page139.htmlcop bike.jpg

Attachments

• 1667374888532.png
    1667374888532.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
Back