• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

No startup with computor.

GEOFFREY

master brummie
When I try to start my computor after a period of time I can login but can get get no further the screen going blank or I can get a sign which says ERROR--0xc0000006 ,can anyone please offer any help ?

Many thanks
Geoffrey.

Look up the error code on the internet. It will tell you why, and then it should tell you how to remedy.

Have you by any chance two or more antivirus programmes running at the same time? If so try starting in Safe Mode (keep tapping the F8 key as it is starting and select Safe Mode) and uninstall one. John

Hi Geoffrey

The ERROR--0xc0000006 error code is one of those warning which unfortunately can be caused by a number of things.

Always try the least destructive option first, switch the machine completely off, and then reboot.

Remove one of the antivirus programme if you have two installed as instructed above.

Quite often this error point to either;

RAM (memory) failure
Hard Drive failure
Corrupted system files

RAM (memory) failure - If your computer has more than onememory module fitted remove one, and try again, then replace and remove theother one.

Hard Drive failure - When you look inside the case, take anote of the make and model of the hard drives, then go to the manufactureswebsite; most of them have a disk tool you can test the disk with.

Corrupted system files - you can do a Windows repair by inserting the Windows disk in the CD player. You will of course lose your data if you have not stored it on another hard drive or partition, so take care with this option.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you for your offers of help but at the moment to no avail I`am afraid,will have to get a new one in th end if no solution can be found.

Many thanks to SUE--JUKEBOX--& MORTURN.

Geoffrey.

Buying a new one sounds a bit drastic Geoffrey (unless you're looking for an excuse!). Is your PC a laptop or desktop and what OS were you using (Windows XP, 7 etc)?

hi

ouch ouch the Memories of my Dell System. £300 up the shoot from Tesco a couple
of years ago.
My son got me to by a storage device from Maplins.
I bought a new Lap top and he downloaded the Info from the Computer.
Its all stored in outer space now I keep nothing on the Computer. I can access files from anywhere
now.
Hope you can fix it

Mike Jenks

Thanks everyone problem sorted not sure how inserted disc pressed differnt keys and things began to happen,so for the moment PC up and running but with loss of data,but at least it is working !!!!

Geoffrey.

hi

if its running and loss of data seems like a hard drive problem. When you say you inserted a Disc is that a CD.
If thats the case then your CD Drive may be problematic.
Ive had jamming and terrible lock ups with these devices.
Anyway glad you are up and running.

Mike Jenks

Geoffrey. Pleased to hear you're back in business! There is a facility in Windows 7 to make a Recovery Disc. To do this go to Control Panel - Backup and Restore and select 'Create a System Repair Disc.' I haven't needed to try it yet so can't comment on how useful it is, but I've made one just in case! John

Back