• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Next Meet?

Frothblower

Lubrication In Moderation
Anyone got any ideas for the next meet.
It's a long time till the assay office meet
SM_thoughts.gif

Hiya Frothy when we were on the number 11 and passed your local The Lad in the Lane .made me think ..that IS the oldest pub in Brum..it would be great to have a meet up that side for a change

Very nice of you Maggie to think of my pub. Me a Cath will be there definitely. Blimey Me and Brian will have to get locals to be on there best behavior:rolleyes:

What about "The Black Tulip"? It's a homely pub with a good choice of British ales ............. and only a 10-minute walk from where I live. David;)

Well, Maggie, last Sunday you hired a bus for 40-odd people (please note the hyphen!!); why not consider signing up 164 members and chartering an Airbus A320-200. Filling the aircraft should mean a very reasonable cost per head! I'll see you at Naples Airport!!. D.;)

Well, Maggie, last Sunday you hired a bus for 40-odd people (please note the hyphen!!); why not consider signing up 164 members and chartering an Airbus A320-200. Filling the aircraft should mean a very reasonable cost per head! I'll see you at Naples Airport!!. D.;)

I'll start saving me pennies:)

David, why don't they hire the bus again and do a re-enactment of Summer Holiday and drive to Naples.
Apologies to the photographer.

i will wait to see the date as i am very busy these days with my grandchildren, but if poss i would love to come as i have never been in that pub :)

i will wait to see the date as i am very busy these days with my grandchildren, but if poss i would love to come as i have never been in that pub :)

Shera, a pub that you haven't been in, I don't believe it !:p

:)Just had a word with Froth..Both Froth and Templer have popped into The Lad tonight .. it has not long been taken over by new people ..they are doing a lot of work on the pub at the moment and the 3 of us think it maybe best if we meet somewhere else this time ..just till the new people are on their feet ..The Lad is a lovely old place and all 3 of us want it to right when the members meet ;)Those of you that know i used to run the Tally understand how it is when you first take over :)so any suggestions for a meet up before the Assay Office shout up now :)

:)Just had a word with Froth..Both Froth and Templer have popped into The Lad tonight .. it has not long been taken over by new people ..they are doing a lot of work on the pub at the moment and the 3 of us think it maybe best if we meet somewhere else this time ..just till the new people are on their feet ..The Lad is a lovely old place and all 3 of us want it to right when the members meet ;)Those of you that know i used to run the Tally understand how it is when you first take over :)so any suggestions for a meet up before the Assay Office shout up now :)

As maggie said we really do want the Lad meet to be perfect so when the new tenants have found there feet, we will be suggesting our beloved Lad In The Lane again in the near future.:)

Nice idea Mike what about a visit to the Jewellery museum. We would have to let them know as it's only a small building but the tour is excellent!

Back