• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

New Series of Survivors, Mostly filmed in Birmingham, Starts 12th Jan 2010

Derelict-UK

master brummie
The new series of the BBC drama series 'Survivors' will start soon on the 12th of January.

Included in the series are film locations such as the Central Fire Station (they went there before I visited it), The old Central TV studios, they mocked up to re-create a Manchester hospital and the street behind Colmore Row which they closed off one Sunday to film the place with post-apocalypse litter strewn across the road.

Looks to be a great series with loads of 'IVE BEEN THERE' shouted at the TV :D

I am just hoping they did not pick Birmingham because they thought they would not have to fabricate the image of neglect.
I remember a series called gangsters filmed in Brum in the Seventies. Boy what a dump it was then.
The place today has changed much for the better.

Thanks I am Looking forward to that.

I am just hoping they did not pick Birmingham because they thought they would not have to fabricate the image of neglect.
I remember a series called gangsters filmed in Brum in the Seventies. Boy what a dump it was then.
The place today has changed much for the better.

Thanks I am Looking forward to that.

Well they mocked up Central TV studios to look like a Manchester hospital, the back of Colmore Row does look like the streets of Manchester so maybe they are trying to recreate the north as Birmingham is easier to close off on a Sunday?

I wonder where I have been I've never seen it who are the Actors Derek?

Just looked at a video clip of the latest series still dont remember it

Last edited:
I know Derek I just thought about looking after I asked the question and our posts crossed. thanks

Back