• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Near Fordhouse lane 1952

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
dogpool.jpg
One for the tram enthusiast.

Last edited:
It's the junction of Fordhouse Lane with Pershore Road, the factory on the left was the GKN.

Colin

Yes coming up towards the Breedon , as a small boy I remember travelling on the tram from Cotteridge down to the Breedon where my grandmother used to clean, the family lived in Dell Rd.

Yes, remember this well, especially as I often jumped off the 41 bus here because my eyesight was not so good and I should have got the 11 bus to school, andd that went down Fordhouse Lane! Mike, do you have a sister Carol? We. the Harrises, lived in Shirley Road.

Yes a cousin Carol Fisher and her parents Roy & Gladys used to play the alley behind on a Friday night. Roy worked for Fleetwoods and my grandmother Flo Fisher worked in the Breedon

Back