• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

National Time Recorder Co.

Hi Alan
On your thread regarding these old time clocks, there was only one company i ever worked for
with the third photo on showing on there web page
And that was at Radex electricals whom made alot of things electric even plugs and fires
but getting back on track with the clock on the factory gate as you go in
there was one ,and i hated
Because the way it operated there with a gate keeper there watching you arrive at work ,
i swear it was a dodgy one always mis printed and time card got covered in every direction by the right day and wek
and then the wage department always gave you a short change on your wekly wages then you have to chase them up
but even more dislikeing is that if you arrive for work more than three minutes you would loose an quarter of an hour
wage if you washalf an hour late you would loose half a days pay
any think more than that you would be locked out and you loose an day pay
best thing they ever done was to get rid of them
best wishes Astonian,,, Alan,,,,,,

We used to service a van for a company called Blick Time Recorders Ltd. in the 50s so I assume they had a Birmingham presence.

One of their offices in Easy Row.
index.php

from https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/clocks.45336/page-5#post-562178

Last edited:
Eric,

Blick is now part of Stanley Security Systems Limited, itself a subsidiary of Stanley Black & Decker. I'm not sure when they were gobbled up or where the Brum base was.

Maurice

Back