• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Mystery Pub The Castle Inn, Castle Bromwich...

hi den its says the inn became a general stores in 1908 and later a private house so the chances are its no longer there...something to research though maybe starting with an old map

lyn

i remember that it was later a small shop
image.jpg

thanks pete and oh silly me...i just did not connect it..but it was well over 40 years ago that i used the castle stores daily when we rented a cottage for a couple of years at no 2 new st which is almost opposite the castle..back then i had no idea it used to be a pub

lyn

nice area that
yes it is pete...its never occured to me to research the cottage i lived in as it must be quite old so maybe i will see what i can find out about it as i am pretty certain its still there..we only rented it as a stop gap when we came back to live in birmingham from scotland

lyn

Me and my Dad used to go there sometimes on a Sunday morning to get fresh bread (late sixtys ), then i think it shut on a Sunday then we used to go to Station Road Stechford by Parkinsons factory to get our bread

Back