• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

My site name

Keith R

master brummie
Just a quickie.....can I change my site name....currently Charli.....dont know how i got it.
Thanks

Hi Charli. Here are our instructions on how to change your user name

well now...having the memory of minus 10...I have flicked backward/forward to this page and the new conversation one and give in....why is it so complicated to get rid of a name that I didnt even choose ?
I give up........and while i am here why are there hundreds of pop up ads etc that I have to keep deleting ....its only on this site.....

Sorry to hear you're having dfficulty. I shall pass your request to postie (site owner) and Warren on your behalf.

well now...having the memory of minus 10...I have flicked backward/forward to this page and the new conversation one and give in....why is it so complicated to get rid of a name that I didnt even choose ?
I give up........and while i am here why are there hundreds of pop up ads etc that I have to keep deleting ....its only on this site.....
hi a lot of us have had this problem which i agree is a pain...try using an ad blocker as its the only way most of usi could get round the problem so that we could actually see and read the main page hope this helps

lyn

Last edited:
If the vollume of advertising on the site is proving invasive, you might try - as other members have done - installing an ad blocker, as previously mentioned, or try using a different browser.

Last edited:
can I change my site name....currently Charli.....dont know how i got it.
Not sure if you have sorted this! I hope I have understood you question correctly:

If you're using a PC, click your username in the blue band at the top of the page then click Account Details. Change username is the first option.
On an iphone, account details are opened by clicking the 3 parallel lines in the blue header.

Not sure if you have sorted this! I hope I have understood you question correctly:

If you're using a PC, click your username in the blue band at the top of the page then click Account Details. Change username is the first option.
On an iphone, account details are opened by clicking the 3 parallel lines in the blue header.
Be interested to see if that works for Charli as my understanding was that user names could only be changed if actioned by postie(Jim) or Warren.

Hopefully this can be sorted out quickly for you Charli.

Right Re: logging out....I cannot do that as I havent recorded my password and was looking to see if there was a way to see it and I found a change your user name. I changed it and it has to go to approval........such a long winded way. Its like having to go before the headmaster.....lol

Right Re: logging out....I cannot do that as I havent recorded my password and was looking to see if there was a way to see it and I found a change your user name. I changed it and it has to go to approval........such a long winded way. Its like having to go before the headmaster.....lol
Charli, at birth or very close to the day we are give our name. I was born in 1952 given name Nicholas I never asked my parents why? At birth my parents were told by medical staff that I would not survive the night, the Priest ( Father Michael ) said God will decide that. Still going aged over seventy

When I was young and still I'm called Nick. But if my mother called me Nicholas I knew I had done something wrong.
I have no idea why but when I was at Brookfields school I was called ticker.

For a very short time aged around 13/14 I used my middle name Simon, that didn't last very long.

Your name is who you are.

Nick.

Last edited:
Ok it should be working ok now.

Back