• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

My Great Grandads Shop

Steve1975UK

A few years ago I posted about my great grandads shop in handsworth. I have now found out that it was a woolworths too. I have seen a photograph of the old woolworths shop, but I am still searching, if possible, to find a photograph of his shop. It was 89-91 lozells road, handsworth.

thread moved to the correct section of the forum which is shops...

a bit more info could be useful such as your gt grandads name...what sort of shop was it and what years are we talking about..also if you use the seach box we do have a large thread for lozells road with plenty of old photos..

cheers

lyn

thread moved to the correct section of the forum which is shops...

a bit more info could be useful such as your gt grandads name...what sort of shop was it and what years are we talking about..also if you use the seach box we do have a large thread for lozells road with plenty of old photos..

cheers

lyn
It was a gentlemans outfitters on one side then ladies hosiery on the other.

A few years ago I posted about my great grandads shop in handsworth. I have now found out that it was a woolworths too. I have seen a photograph of the old woolworths shop, but I am still searching, if possible, to find a photograph of his shop. It was 89-91 lozells road, handsworth.
I think this shows your grandfather's shop(s), they would be the first 2 shops from the left hand side.

Attachments

• lozells-rd-berners-st.jpg
    lozells-rd-berners-st.jpg
    745.9 KB · Views: 23
Back