• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

My Grandas marches on Anzac Day.

gaward

Brummie babby
At this time of year when so many of us remember those lost in war I thought that I would mention a Children's book printed in 2006.
As the name implies it is about a young girl who attends the Anzac Day Dawn Service with her father and grandfather. She then stays on with her Dad to watch her Grandad take part in the march. It is in child format with
sketches and a few lines of text on each page. The author Catriona Hoy
migrated to Australia with her family at the age of seven. The story is based on her Dad who while serving in WW2 met up with Aussies in Tobruk. Once the family settled in Australia he always marched on Anzac Day. Although only a child's book it can still bring a tear to the eye.
I purchased copies to give to my grandchildren when they are older, to help them understand why it is so important to remember what it is all about. Sorry this is a bit long winded but I thought it worth a mention.

Regards,
George in Melbourne

Back