• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

MY FIRST/SECOND GRANDCHILD

thanks eric and viv and i am not joking...this little lad is far advanced for his age and does not need any prompting...good luck to your gt granson eric i am sure he will succeed....ps guess who got the daffs:)

lyn

Looks a fine looking lad Lyn. I hope he enjoyed the sunshine to day.
So when will he be hitting the forum then?

Hope you had a good day. Get them interested young - invest in the future. Look forward to seeing more photos in the future.

lovely day thanks jan...just what we needed after such awful weather weve had...james was really interested in everything..he couldnt take his eyes off the men working in the forge...the next photos of him will be on his 2nd birthday....4th of june we are taking him to thomas land at drayton manor:)

Last edited:
Lovely photos of the wee fella, at first glance thought the Morris was sitting in your garage and thought James was checking his inheritance.
Cheers Tim

Hi Lyn, hope you're keeping well. Every time you post a picture of James it makes me think of the song by James Taylor 'Sweet Baby James'. Don't know if you've heard it but it's got a lovely chorus.

hi pen yes pretty steady here thanks..been a bit busy of late though and trying to fit in the gardening...hope all is well with you and graham....i have listened to james taylor songs pen but that one escapes me..i shall have to look it up..

lyn x

Worth listening to - although it's about a young cowboy. Here's the chorus:

Goodnight you moonlight ladies, rock-a-bye sweet baby James
Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose, won't you let me go down in my dreams?
And rock-a-bye sweet baby James

Better with the music though!

Lyn, I always tried to see my grandchildren every week when they were growing up despite the fact that they live some way away and I was trying to keep a lot of plates in the air (work, home, family, Mom etc). Now that they are 20 & 25 and it's a bit more hit and miss! I hardly every see my great grandchildren as they're quite a distance away too and it has to be 'arranged' - I have to rely on photos and Facebook and second-hand news.
I knew all my grandparents but I didn't appreciate it at the time, it's only now that I realise how lucky I was, growing up I thought everyone had four.
It's so nice that you have James so close and see him often.

pen when we are young i dont think there is much that we appreciate to be honest....too busy growing up:D...its only when we are at a certain age that we fully appreciate what we had..i dont think thats anything unusual it just life...but yes it is great living next door to james...he sees me that much that on the odd occasion he slips up and call me MOMMY...:eek::D ps actually just lately he has started shortening words sometimes calls me nan and our kim mom

lyn

I was Nanna Pen for a long time and Parker was Grandpa. This was to sort us out from the other grandparents and great-grandparents. That changed to Nan and Boppah which have stuck.
I love it when little children try to make sense of our very complicated language.

ahh how sweet pen....at the min i think james is making up his own language lol...having an easy day today as i have got him all day tomorrow:) mom and dad both have to work... got a couple of footie finals going on today so i want to keep up with those...

lyn

No need to ask who you're supporting and although this is a Bluenose/Baggies house we wish your team well. Here's hoping for a good result.

cant believe where the time has gone.. my little man was 2 on monday:eek: busy few days for him...on sunday he had his party..monday we took him to drayton manor for the day and he had another tea party at nursery yesterday...i did take some piccies but not had time to upload them yet but here is a couple our kim took..one of his pressies was a sandpit which he seemed to enjoy:) he is mad on humpty dumpty at the min so we had some humpty cakes made..i turned this one round ok to my lappy but its still posting the wrong way round....most likely as it was taken on kims phone..

lyn

james and nanny at drayton manor.jpg james at thomas land.jpg james in sandpit.jpg JAMES ON TRAIN.jpg
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely photos Lyn. I was hoping to see some news on here about how you got on. Hope James enjoyed Thomas the Tank as well. I bet he was a bit overwhelmed. Two parties and a trip out - what will he expect next year? Look forward to more photos soon.

thanks jan but in true brummie style james took it all in his stride lol.. and its not over yet as mom and dad maybe taking him to the safari park tomorrow...weather permitting...he loved thomas land and also the zoo as he is also animal crazy...will try and get a couple of my photos on later on...

ly x

quick update on my little angel james...hes still into humpty dumpty but has now graduated into toy story ..he got the jim jams yesterday which were meant to be put up for xmas...some chance of that lol..they say what goes round comes round... i remember when toy story came out we queued for ages outside toys r us dale end to get the large buzz lightyear and woody figures for my son john who is now 32:D

Attachments

• james into buzz 2.jpg
    james into buzz 2.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 20
  • james into buzz.jpg
    james into buzz.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 19
exactly jan lol....dont worry i will soon educate him to the fact that his ancestors on my side hail from around dudley so it ok to support 2 teams...i also had a rellie who played for west brom in the 20s:)

exactly jan lol....dont worry i will soon educate him to the fact that his ancestors on my side hail from around dudley so it ok to support 2 teams...i also had a rellie who played for west brom in the 20s:)

Always nice to know that with a ganmom like you Lyn this little fella is in safe hands.

Time flies so quickly, it seems like yesterday, Lyn, when you made the initial announcement, but I see it is over two years ago. WOW!
I have four grandchildren, one is a soldier and his elder sister a prison officer. The other two, who live in the Far East are still at college. No sign of great grand children just yet - hope there is before I wander off! ;)

Back