• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

My Dad

B

BernardR

My Dad - This was in colour but I do not have the original any longer and decided to convert the scan into B&W

Last edited by a moderator:
What a good photo Bernard. Inspired me to look for one of my Dad which I found with me as a nipper. It's good to be proud of our parents.

Bernie, was the colour faded or do you just prefer it in B/W?

Here's a hand coloured version... (in case it was faded :))

Hi John. The print I have was taken from the original print using a film camera and then was scanned. The colours are overblown which is why I changed them to B&W - though this does suit the Old Man quite well.

See the IM I have sent you please.

Last edited by a moderator:
bernie what a lovely photo of your dad..and lynda i have one of my dad holding me just like that...its on the forum somewhere..

cheers

lyn:)

Thanks to Bernie for starting this thread. Where abouts is your picture Lyn? Would love to see it.
Lynda:)

hi lynda click on YOUR FAMILY under this section...ive put them under my family snaps....oh my user name was wales when i posted them just in case you wonder why folk called me that:)

hi eric..think i have seen this one before and like last time i will say what a great pic..you are so lucky to have one of 4 generations of your family....

lyn:)

Lyn, now you mentioned it, I think I may have put it on another thread, sorry about that, will have to keep records in future Eric

no no eric..you must not apologise...the more folk that see it the better...:) when my nan thats our moms mom reached her 100th birthday 19 years ago there was four generations at her party...nan..our mom..me and my daugher kim who was 4 months old...plenty of pics were taken but not one of us all together:( so you see how lucky you are to have yours...

lyn

A colourised version of Lynda's great photo.
I hope no-one minds me having a play with these... I know that most photos are best left in their original form, but it's good practice! :)

john that look great..would you mind having a go at this one of me and dad please...

thank you...

ok john..no rush....and dont worry as i get overserved on the odd occasion too...:D

Hi Cookie, thats a most unusuel photo, to have four generations together on one photo there days is very rare I would have thought., it was taken the year I was bought into the world by Dr Wand in Hick street. Very nice, lovely picture, look after it, bye Bernard.

John that is really great. Thankyou so much. Lyn. That is a lovely picture of you and your Dad. I always love looking at old photos, and they have all been smashing. Now heres one of my family. Mom is in the middle with the big smile. Its in an old pub somewhere either in Aston or Nechells. Nan at the one end lived in Vicarage Road, and my Aunty at the other lived in Nechells Park Road. Theres probably not enough in the photo to identify it, but you never know.

John that is really great. Thankyou so much. Lyn. That is a lovely picture of you and your Dad. I always love looking at old photos, and they have all been smashing. Now heres one of my family. Mom is in the middle with the big smile. Its in an old pub somewhere either in Aston or Nechells. Nan at the one end lived in Vicarage Road, and my Aunty at the other lived in Nechells Park Road. Theres probably not enough in the photo to identify it, but you never know.

Brilliant photograph, look at those bottles of Milk Stout - Linda it looks like an early Coronation Street photograph? :D

I wonder if anyone can put some colour back in this photo. This is my Dad on a visit to Vienna for a conference with the institute of metals. It was taken in 1969 the same year he died. This is the last photo I have of my dad. George Arthur Neville Jennings.

John thank you so much that's a fantastic improvement. I have saved the photo!

thats a cracking pic of your dad wendy and well done john for the improvement...

john dont worry about it..i havnt been around much lately anyway....

its lovely..thanks everso...i have saved it to my pics...

lyn...:)

Berni thanks for starting this thread and for everyone who has posted lovely photo's of their dads. Here are some of mine. A couple have been posted before though. Jean.

ooooh I so want to join in with this great thread and post some photos of my lovely dad too :):) The last but one is of my Mom, Dad and two older brothers :)

Back