• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

My Beloved Busby

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
On Thursday morning I had to say goodbye to my beloved tiny yorkie Busby(our Buzz).
He would have been 13 on 6th April but he had Cushings disease for a couple of years and although he was on medication he was fine until he quickly deteriated on Wednesday night..After a seemingly endless night in which Steve and I took turns to cuddle him we went to the Vets as soon as they opened , our Vet is so kind and compassionate.
Then we took Buzz to a wonderful pet crematorium in the countryside near Atherstone.I told them how sad I was because I had never spent a night without him and the lovely man there said he would make sure I never did and he made it possible for us to collect his casket in the evening.
Alice our other Yorkie is a bit quiet, I expect she is wondering where he is.
I have always had 2 yorkies but not again, I am getting too old to put myself through this heartache time and time again.
Goodness these pets get under your skin don't they, i haven't cried yet today but I will before bedtime.I know it will get better but for now it hurts.

I am so sorry to hear about your Busby Alberta as I know how much you adore your pets. I often wonder why we put ourselves through this pain time and time again but later on you can look back at the pleasure your little dogs have given you and what a great life they have had with you. The times we have said "Never again". Jean.

hi alberta im so sorry to hear that you have had to part with buzz...time does heal but i do know how you feel having lost many pets over the years..

lyn x

So sorry Alberta , It has been just over 12 months since we said goodbye to Star our beloved collie. It is very hard but time heals and you never forget them.

So sorry to hear about Buzz. It hurts so much when you lose a pet. Buzz will live on in your hearts I know.

I really feel for you, Alberta. I know only too well how much our beloved pets mean to us. When we lost our beautiful cat Rupert, we said, "That's it, no more!" We now have our beautiful cat Joolz.....

Big Gee

So saddened by your news Alberta. Not an easy thing to go through.

Best wishes.

You will get over this sad episode Alberta but it takes time.
Sheila & stitcher.

Thank you all, the hardest bit will be tomorrow trying to explain to our grandaughter Daisy age 2 that Busby is a star in the sky just like her lovely
Laika who she lost a couple of months ago.
We lost our other yorkie Katie 3 years ago and I thought I would never get over it but , Yes ,you do and we had another puppy but not this time.
Today has been a bit of a bad one , I have heard Buzz and 'seen' him everywhere in the house.

Just to lighten the mood a bit, Daisy now has a Jack Russell puppy Stanley or as she says Stanny.
He is a bit of a nipper so when he wakes from his nap she shouts wellies and puts on a pair of pink wellies to protect her toes.

I am so sorry to hear your news Alberta this has been a difficult week for me. The stars are bright tonignt I now know why...x

My heart goes out to you Alberta as I only recently lost a very much loved pet and fully understand how sad you feel. Buzz had a lovely life and that is what you must remember x

Back