• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Music groups in pubs

My old man Danny Williams played pubs and clubs all over Brum on his own, with others as duos and as part of full bands.
My father ( Roy Johnson b: 1937) played drums from the mid fifties to early sixties, annoyingly I don't know who for.
His younger cousin Graham Johnson also a drummer played for The Renegades based around Perry bar/ Erdington who went on to some fame in this country but were bigger hits in Finland / Italy from what I can glean from the net.

Looking at this thread and Scotchmist, I realized how many groups there were. Maybe my coming of age, late 50’s but we would go to many places on Friday and Saturday nights and later on Sunday. As Oldbrit said we drank a lot of beer, sometimes a little too much. Our thing was Trad and Modern Jazz. We loved to go to the town hall but that was a little pricey. We did go however when the really big names played there.

Back