• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Murder New st station early 80s

tali

master brummie
Does anyone recall the headline news story of the murder( result of attempted robbery ) on a New st station train of a social worker by a scottish ?youth .It was in early 80s
Story featured promnently in Evening Mail and regional tv

does any one remember the stephany baird murder also called the ymca murder in the bristol road area around 1959/60
paul stacey

Paul try the Search function at the top of the page. Certain you will find some posts. Try Google for both murders. Someone will be along soon with more ideas. Best of Luck.

does any one remember the stephany baird murder also called the ymca murder in the bristol road area around 1959/60
paul stacey

A bit of my post hijacking there
Simple Googling "stephanie baird murder" brings up plenty of info.Although i don't know what became of killer Patrick Joseph Byrne - his he still in prison/asylum? did he die?.Knowing this country he was probably released under a new identity
If you want a good book on it try "Crimes of Horror" by Treasure Press
Now back to OT - anyone with info on my more recent case?

Back