• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Muffin in Mule

If i can make this work I thought you might like to see me and Muffin circa 1960 (I think) probably taken in either Lewis's or Rackhams at Christmas time.

Helen

That is a great photo Helen, I'm jealous that I didn't get to go on one

This 6 inch 1950's Matchbox metal puppet Muffin is on ebay at the moment, starting price £19.99 plus £6.00 postage. I'm tempted just a bit!

Ann

Ann thats exactly the same as the one I had but it has it's strings missing.

Helen, great photo. Wish I'd sat on him, although I may have because my Uncle worked at Lewis's and my Nan used to take me there most Saturdays.
How sad is this, a 62 year old man hankering after sitting on a model donkey (all right, mule!)

Wendy,

I think it's the same as the one my brother had, that I used to fight him for. I suppose you could maybe get it re strung.

Shouldn't worry David. We're all waiting in that queue for a ride on Muffin!

Ann

Mike a bit late but thank you for the Bill and Ben and Little Weed. As they would say Flob a Lob a Lob. WEED. Jean.

Thanks for that froth I loved Muffin mine was metal with strings and a ring on each string that you put on each finger. Like everyone I wish I still had him. I too loved Bill and Ben, the Wooden Tops every Thursday when I went to grandma's it was Rag Tag and Bobtail. Happy Days!

''Godbye Rag, goodbye Tag, goodbye Bobtail.....Goddbye Baby rabbits...''

Back