• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Mount Pleasant off the Coventry Road

Thanks for the photo mikejee, after playing footie in Kingston Park, on the way home we would pop in to the outdoor for frozen Jubliees. 4d I think.

Mikejee...you have no idea how much these mean to me...so ...I'll tell you....they mean much...''Big time''...many many thanks again.

Just a note to let you know...the first pic you posted of the outdoor... I have worked on to improve its quality...if you like I will re-post it so you can see the improvments.
Any at all that you have please post.
I'm a sorry son of a gun aren't I?...Do you have any of Bordesley Park Road?
In any event...Thanks Mike...''Big Time'.
Regards
redken.

Redken
Glad to be of assistance. I have none of bordesley park road. If you have managed to improve the quality of the offlicence I would be interested in seeing them. I think others might also
Mike

Yes it looks much better without the marks. They weren't very obvious on the original transparency, but I had to boost the image so much to get the strength ofpicture I did, that they really showed up - before you removed them

And its a great shot..all images enlagred will show its ugly side if marks or scarches are dominant to begin with.
Many thanks mikejee.
If you come across images around this area...will rearly apreciate it...I was born in Mount Pleasant and grew up around here.
Am working on a personal family album by gathering images of my family..mainly my sibblings...you know the ones they forgot or didn't know about
when we were all younger...this includes pictures of our area when I was knew high to a slug.
Many thanks and take care m8.
Regards
redken.

Well done & thank you, Redken. Mike's picture has a certain charm & its good to see Mount Pleasant too in the background. Good luck with the album.

Hi Mikejee.

Many thanks for all your picture posts, they are exactly what I need for my album.

Regards
redken

Does anyone have information on mount pleasant Coventry Road small heath from 1923 - my grandfather lived at no. 11 - what was there before the present day buildings thank you - Glenys

Does anyone have information on mount pleasant Coventry Road small heath from 1923 - my grandfather lived at no. 11 - what was there before the present day buildings thank you - Glenys
hello glenys dave fisher here how are you the last time i saw you was at lavender hall fishery i have got all of the info on the mount

Hello Redken. I remember Mount Pleasant very well, I lived in Watery Lane and had a few mates who lived round there it would be nice to see some of your photos. I knew the Nattrass family, the Flint family and the Costello family. its brought back some good memories thinking of Mount Pleasant. all the best formula t.
billy costello lived under us at 28 toddy and the nattrasses lived in the big house on the end of the mount right on ther corner of cov rd
hi beamish
great to read your comments.
i remember the costello's and the thomas's... reggie thomas was killed in a motor bike accident in 1966...i remember it well, it was world cup final day. my brother john joy was a close friend of his. maybe this is who you are refering( johnny joice) your comments about kingston park and the steep hill leading to the back of the houses on bordesley park road is uncanny its something myself and my brothers all did to.
do you have any photos at all around that era.

regards redken..(kenny joy)
i am still in touch with derek thomas he lives inn weston s mare keith stamford died of diabetes there is aphoto of jones .s out door search for derek thomas

hi beamish
great to read your comments.
i remember the costello's and the thomas's... reggie thomas was killed in a motor bike accident in 1966...i remember it well, it was world cup final day. my brother john joy was a close friend of his. maybe this is who you are refering( johnny joice) your comments about kingston park and the steep hill leading to the back of the houses on bordesley park road is uncanny its something myself and my brothers all did to.
do you have any photos at all around that era.

regards redken..(kenny joy)
dave and harry fisher no 26

Hello Redken Thanks for the reply. I did know Billy Costello, he used to be a mate of Gary Nattrass in their early teens, I didnt know any of your sisters. I only knew Paddy and Alan from playing football, i used to hate playing against Alan as he ran for miles with the ball, we needed a taxi to catch him. some of us used to go to the kingston picture house, also the kingston cafe facing the bus depot on coventry rd, I went to St Andrews school or Ada rd as some called it, i think paddy and alan went to another school. Nice to talk to you again All the best formula t.
so did i mr bee was maths selwyn davis english mr murphy john wild boor who got expelled for throwing a cane into my back mr palmer woodwoork mr ager metal woork mr cadick head master mrs martin secretary mr wright chemistry stan lunt pottery e t c e t c roger drew cock of the school alan brown johnny carter mr kaushal teacher got a good kicking from roger drew alan king and the jennings.s rocky was at the butchers where i worked for the old man sheldon and then i worked next door with sirharold bllumenthall at barnes.s furniture shopxxx the memories go on

Back